Saturday, September 6, 2008

Loving Life




So here we are in Arizona...sweating our little hearts out. I haven't really felt the blast of the heat because I hardly leave the house. However, even when you step outside just to get to the car you sweat enough for the whole day.
Bren is doing great at his internship. He is loving the experience that he is getting and we are hoping to get another internship for the winter. With this internship he is helping the company switch their software that they are currently using. He has gotten frustrated because he has had to redo his project about four times because they have changed their mind on what they want. However the people that he works with are great. One of the guys actually went to BYU so there is some common ground among them.
I am trying to find my homemaking side. I have never been a homebody. I like to be on the go and doing different things. This mother experience is a new one. I am not use to being at home all day and not working so I am trying to adjust my life. It has been hard and a lot of times I have called Bren crying because I didn't think I could do it. I tell you the hormones get worse after the baby comes. Anyways my projects, while I am down here, to keep myself busy are starting the chicka's scrapbook and keeping her journal up to date.
The chicka is doing great. She is hardly fussy. She has found her fists and loves to see how far they go in her mouth. She also has discovered her tongue. She loves to stick it out and slobber all over the place. Her reflux is back. She throws up constantly. Her outfits are soaking my mid-morning. But that doesn't stop her from being dang cute. When we were in California my cousin Diane took some pictures of her and that is what is posted above.
We are just excited to be down here and to be experiencing something new. However we do miss our family and friends. So hello to everyone that we love, we miss you and hope to play soon.


7 comments:

A little Birdie... said...

Those pictures are darling! I was just thinking of you guys today and was hoping you'd post soon! Hope the reflux gets better! I know how that goes and unfortunately Isaac is still at it, but not as bad. Hang in there!

~G~ said...

I love the pictures! Have you found a place of your own yet?

fran said...

I MISS U RACHEL LYNN...I am so glad that you are doing good.

Rach said...

it took me a while to get used to being home all the time. Chad got a few of the very same phone calls that you gave bren! and you are totally right about the hormones.you are doing the right things with starting projects. also, does you ward have a play group? if not, start one. those are so nice. its really for the moms, not the kids. sometimes me and lily get the front pack on and walk around fred meyer,just to get out and see the outside world. just some ideas

oh and i love those pictures! you and your mom are basically clones.

Gena said...

FINALLY! Rachel, those pictures are adorable. The chicka is really growing and so dang cute! I'm glad to hear things are going well and you're keeping yourself busy.

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

I'm so glad to see some pictures! Brielle is beautiful! I am sad to say that I don't think the hormones ever leave, but we can hope right? It is a big adjustment being at home, but I'm glad you are trying to keep yourself busy, McKyla's scrapbook is pretty bare. And I love how you call her the chicka! That is so fun! We miss you guys around here!

Jasmine said...

Those pictures are great! I can't wait to get Alexis's done. :) Have you become a paparazzi-momma? I take TONS of pictures!