Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Chicka

Cousins playing together. They pretty much are best friends.

We went to visit my grandparents. Our chicka loved playing on their bed and doing patty-cake with them.
She is addicted to falling asleep on me. I guess she likes the warmth since we keep our house pretty cool.
This is her toy that helps her walk. She is a champ at it.


What can I say about my cute chicka. She is amazing and sometimes tiring. She is progressing so well. She is healthy and happy ... which is all we ask for. Here are some updates on her...
  • She definitely is learning how to climb on things. The other day I was deep cleaning the front room. I had the couch pulled forward with the cushions off. I stepped into the laundry room for a quick second and when I came out she was on the couch...now I definitely can't leave her alone.
  • She basically eats whatever we eat. Occasionally we'll give her some baby food just to finish off the meal. She eats and drinks so much. I guess she already takes after her mom in that aspect. Anytime she wants food she will spit out her binky, if it is in, and start clicking her tongue or panting. One crazy thing about this chicka is that she already loves salsa. If she sees us eating it, she wants some.
  • Her top two teeth broke through. Now this makes a grand total of 6 teeth. Oh but wait...we think she is getting more. She just started drooling again with a runny nose. Fun...more restless nights for mom.
  • She can stand up by herself. She doesn't like to do it much because I think she thinks it is boring. She doesn't know what to do after...so she just sits down.
  • She knows how to give high 5's pretty well. She is also learning how to clap. She doesn't do it with us when we say "yeah" but she does it on her own. I guess she doesn't want to be pressured.
  • Lately, with the teething and the earache her new found friend is the Tylenol bottle. Now this is not because we give it to her all the time. But it is just the right size to hold in her hand. She will just hold it forever, through bath time, nap time, etc.
  • She is a great walker. She has a toy that helps her and loves to do it. It is a little hard in our place because there is carpet everywhere. She does better when she is on something solid.
  • She is about 17-18 pounds. She is 90th percentile for height, 25th percentile for weight and of course 90th percentile for head size.

4 comments:

Gena said...

She is such a cutie. We need to get our girls together. That's great she's already walking around- that toy looks great!

And joys for climbing. I am pretty sure Avie would scale a mini mountain if she could! It's so fun, but at the same time, it means a lot of work for us - always watching. Maybe this is where we moms get those eyes in the back of our heads from!

Jasmine said...

She has gotten so big! I was looking through pictures the other day (doing some organizing and such), and I found the pictures of Brielle, Lily, and Alexis at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They've all gotten so big so fast! Your little chicka is such a cutie!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big she's getting! She's so cute!

Rach said...

i can not believe how big she is! what a doll too, Lily also loves the tylenol. when ever she sees it she sticks her tongue out and pants:)